On the test day
The IELTS test at the Cardiff University test centre takes place over two days. The Speaking test takes place on Friday and all Written tests take place on Saturday.
What to bring
You need to bring your ID document for registration on both days of the test. This should be the same ID document you provided when you made your application for the test.
Items allowed in the test room
- ID document
- Transparent bottle of water
Items not allowed in the test room
- Mobile phones
- Electronic devices
- Personal stationery items
You will be provided with a pencil and eraser that must be used for all components of the test.
What to expect
Speaking test appointments are scheduled between 9.15am and 4.30pm
- Test Takers arrive at test venue 30 minutes before speaking test.
- Test Takers must leave personal belongings in the registration room.
- Test Takers proceed to registration for ID to be checked.
- Photo and finger scan obtained.
- Test Takers are escorted to their speaking test room.
- Speaking test approximately 11-14 minutes.
2-4 Park Grove
Pay and display parking is available on the following roads near the University: King Edward VII Avenue, Museum Avenue and Park Place. There are also several short and long-stay car parks located close to the University.
Refreshments are not available in Deri House but there is a coffee shop nearby on St Andrew's Place.
- Test Takers arrive at test venue by 9:15am
- Test Takers must leave personal belongings in the designated area
- Test Takers proceed to registration for ID to be checked
- Finger scan obtained
- Test Takers enter test room. Test to commence at 10:00am
- Listening test. 30 minutes plus 10 minutes transfer time
- Reading test. 60 minutes
- Writing test. 60 minutes
- Test will finish at approximately 1pm
Julian Hodge Building
Parking is available close to the Julian Hodge Building. Access to the car park is off Colum Road, turn left at the T junction at the top of Colum Drive.
Vending machines with hot and cold drinks are available in the Julian Hodge Building. There is a coffee shop nearby on Park Place.