Equality & Diversity
Working Across International Cultures
Working Across International Cultures is a lively and interactive group course that will raise awareness of international cultural differences and how these affect everyday professional life when raising Cardiff University’s international profile and income generation. You will learn how your own culturally influenced attitudes, values and behaviour may be perceived by others that you encounter when working internationally. The focus will be on practical ways to minimise misunderstandings, to avoid clashes and especially to build effective and productive relations in your international work.
It is specifically designed for people with a growing international dimension to their work who are or will be:
- involved in raising the university’s international profile and building good international relations
- involved in generating income and attracting funding from international sources
- leading, managing or working in international and cross-cultural teams
- working on international business development and income generation
- going on professional trips, attending conferences or research projects overseas
- communicating directly and virtually across cultures with colleagues and peers, with postgraduate and undergraduate students, with alumni and other contacts, business partners and supporters from other countries and cultures.
14 February 2014 - postponed
Tremorfa Room, 11th Floor, 30 - 36 Newport Road
09:30 - 17:00
11 July 2014
Bay Room, 11th Floor, 30 - 36 Newport Road
09:30 - 17:00