Technical and Research Skills: IT Skills
UNIX/LINUX: Processing Data Using AWK & PERL Scripts
This course, intended for scientists and engineers, will provide an introduction to the Awk and Perl scripting languages and their usage. After attending this course you will have acquired the basic skills in programming in Awk and Perl. The course will comprise a mixture of lectures and practical work.
Topics will include:
- the use of simple awk scripts to process text files;
- use of selection criteria and awk functions in awk scripts;
- use of arrays and loops in awk scripts;
- perl variables and operators;
- the use of conditional and iterative control statements in perl scripts;
- use of diamond operator(<>) to read a text file within a perl script and use of arrays in a perl script.
Prerequisites: students should have some knowledge of UNIX/Linux or have attended the workshop on ‘UNIX/Linux: An Introduction’ before attempting this workshop.
09 December 2014
Training Room 1, Julian Hodge Building, Colum Drive, Cardiff, CF10 3EU
26 March 2015
Training Room 2, Julian Hodge Building, Colum Drive, Cardiff, CF10 3EU
09:00 - 17:00
Dates to be confirmed for a further 2 sessions - Please register your interest by emailing email@example.com
Target Group: RS & PGR