Engagement and Impact
The Enterprising Researcher
Researchers and senior academics often work with industry to bring the benefits of their research to wider society. Enterprising researchers are those who can identify how their research can be applied in the real world to make a positive impact. This workshop will examine how being enterprising can facilitate the research process.
Topics to be covered will include:
- spotting opportunities and delivering impact
- creative problem-solving
- how and why enterprise skills are relevant to research
- communicating your ideas to industry and business
- developing relationships with stakeholders
- case studies of enterprising researchers at Cardiff University
During the workshop you will be given opportunities to develop or enhance your range of skills, through practice and application, and will be encouraged to think creatively to deliver innovation.
11 March 2015
Room 3.19, Hadyn Ellis Building, Maindy Road, Cathays, Cardiff, CF24 4HQ
10:00 - 16:00
Target Audience: RS & PGR