Engagement and Impact
The Enterprising Researcher
Entrepreneurship is not solely about business skills or starting a new venture – it is a way of thinking and behaving relevant to all parts of society and the economy. (NESTA Sept 2008). This workshop will examine the relevance of entrepreneurship to the research process. Topics to be covered will include:
- Spotting opportunities;
- Creative problem-solving;
- Why and how enterprise skills and values enhance an approach to research;
- Case studies of Enterprising Researchers of Cardiff University;
- Tips on “selling” your ideas or concept to others;
- Developing relationships with stakeholders.
Enterprising people are equipped to fulfil their potential and to create their own futures. During the workshop you will be given opportunities to develop or enhance your range of skills, through practice and application, and will be encouraged to unleash your inner entrepreneur!
16 October 2013
14 March 2014
Room 0.27A, Hadyn Ellis Building, Maindy Road
10:00 - 16:00
Target Audience: RS & PGR