Technical and Research Skills: Packages
An Introduction to SPSS
SPSS is a powerful statistical application package that is particularly useful for the analysis of questionnaire data. It can be used in the analysis of data from various disciplines and this introductory level course will cover the basic analysis functions provided by the Windows version of SPSS. By the end of this course you will:
- be able to prepare and enter data into SPSS;
- understand how SPSS uses statistical procedures such as Frequencies, Crosstabulation, Pearson ChiSquare, Compare Means, Independent Samples T-test, OneWay Anova and Correlation;
- be able to transform and recode data;
- understand how to create and edit pivot tables;
- know how to use SPPS to work with graphs;
- understand how to import data from external sources, e.g. Excel worksheets and Access database tables.
A basic knowledge of statistics is essential to understand the functionality of the SPSS application.
|"I thought it was a very worthwhile course; I came away with confidence to run analysis on a large set of data. I found the explanation of how to read and understand each table and what analysis to run with each scale of measurement/combination of measurements very helpful."|
13 November 2014
30 June 2015
Training Room 1, Julian Hodge Building, Colum Drive, Cardiff, CF10 3EU
10:00 - 17:00
Target Audience: RS