Technical and Research Skills: Packages
This computer-based workshop is designed to make you proficient in understanding and carrying out univariate, bivariate, and multivariate analytical techniques using SPSS. The course will pay particular attention to the unique concerns of social scientists, who often work with categorical and nonlinear data, but researchers from other disciplines are welcome to attend.
There will be some review of basic univariate statistics and SPSS functions at the beginning of the course, but it is imperative that participants have a basic grasp of these issues before attending. A one day introduction to SPSS is also available.
The course will cover:
- managing data in SPSS;
- conceptualisation and measurement issues;
- descriptive data analysis;
- bivariate data analysis (cross-tabulations, correlation, ANOVA);
- multivariate data analysis (linear and non-linear regression models);
- assessment and interpretation of findings.
The morning session is lecture and demonstration. The afternoon session is a practical workshop.
|19 April 2013||09:30 - 16:30||Room 0.88, Glamorgan Building|