2 half day sessions cumulating to a full day
About this Course
Career Refresh for Research Staff is a 2 session interactive workshop intended to assist research staff review their career vision.
Who should take this Course?
This course should prove to be of particular interest to those who:
- Are current members of Academic staff on Research Only contracts
- Are interesting in reviewing and refreshing their individual career vision , and commencing an action plan to assist with achieving their personal career goals
- Are open to considering a range of career options
Outline of content
Session one concentrates on refreshing a vision where researchers are in their career and their potential for the future whilst session two looks at practical steps to progress future career plans and job hunting.
The course is delivered in 2 sessions – 2 weeks apart with a small amount of self study between sessions.
On completion of this course, it is expected that learners will be able to:
- Understand the nature of career decision making and personal definitions of career success
- Specify their current career situation
- Examine personal motivations for progression and change, understanding their values and motivations
- Produce a vision of where they would like to be
- Identify the potential barriers to change
- Identify useful methods of using labour market information and networks
- Progress an action plan
- Confidently access a range of suitable career support services and resources
Places on this workshop are open to staff members on a Research only contract, other staff groups are welcome to apply for a place and will be entered onto a reserve list, in the event of a place becoming vacant a week prior to the session commencing staff members will be offered a place. For further guidance please email ResearcherDevelopment@cardiff.ac.uk
15 October 2015
29 October 2015
Room 0.14, Cochrane Building, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4YS
12 April 2016
26 April 2016
11th Floor, McKenzie House, 30-36 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 0DE
09:30 - 12:30
To book a place on either date please submit your booking request via Core Portal*
*Please note you will need to inform your line manager/principal investigator of your training request so that they can authorise it in the Core Portal. No automated email will be sent notifying them of pending training requests.
Target Group: RS