Technical and Research Skills: IT Skills
This course is designed as a follow up to the LaTeX for Beginners course. LaTeX is a typesetting language designed for mathematical and scientific writing. The course will be presented over two 3 hour workshops with a presentation and exercises to do on your own.
We will cover various things needed to write your first paper in LaTeX. This includes:
- understanding the header of a LaTeX document;
- cross referencing;
- designing your own environments;
- including graphics into a document;
- using a style file provided by a scientific journal;
- writing a reference section with a permanent bibliography file;
- some other tips and tricks.
|15 March 2013||09:00 - 17:00||Training Room 2, Julian Hodge Centre|
Target Group: RS/PGR