Technical and Research Skills: IT Skills
Java: An Introduction
This full-day course will provide an introduction to the Java programming language and its usage. After attending this course you will have acquired the basic skills in programming in Java and an understanding of the ideas of object oriented programming. Topics covered in this course for beginners include:
- an introduction to classes and objects;
- discussion of the basic elements of a class (i.e. constructors, methods and instance variables);
- arithmetic operators and mathematical methods;
- comparison operators and the use of conditional statements;
- use of selection operator and De Morgan’s Law;
- iterative control using for, while and do statements;
- formatting of output.
Pre-requisites: The course will be run with a mixture of both taught and practical work. You should have some knowledge of UNIX/LINUX before attending, or have attended the ‘UNIX/LINUX: An Introduction’ workshop.
30 January 2014
Training Room 2, Julian Hodge Centre, Colum Drive
09:00 - 17:00
Target Group: RS & PGR.