Exploring Career Options Beyond Academia (Biological and Health Sciences)
This event provides an opportunity to explore some of the career options available to you beyond academia. Speakers from a range of employers, both public and private sector, will talk about their own career journeys and careers within their areas. The event will provide insights into career paths and entry methods for these areas of employment.
Through attendance, you will have the opportunity to:
- find out where PhD graduates and researchers do after graduation;
- find out from PhD graduates and researchers about the real opportunities available outside academia;
- identify the skills and competencies that employers look for in recruits;
- understand how your skills as a researcher can be transferred to a range of occupations;
- identify the steps that you need to take to move outside academia;
- network with a variety of professionals;
- receive handy tips on job searching.
Supporting information from the Careers Library will also be available.
Places on this workshop are open to staff members on a Research only contract, other staff groups are welcome to apply for a place and will be entered onto a reserve list, in the event of a place becoming vacant a week prior to the session commencing staff members will be offered a place. For further guidance please email ResearcherDevelopment@cardiff.ac.uk
04 February 2016
Rooms 0.27a/b, Hadyn Ellis Building, Maindy Road, Cathays, CF24 4HQ
14:00 - 17:00
To book a place on this date please submit your booking request via Core Portal*
*Please note you will need to inform your line manager/principal investigator of your training request so that they can authorise it in the Core Portal. No automated email will be sent notifying them of pending training requests.
Target Audience: RS & PGR