Academic Careers Events
These events for research staff provide an opportunity to gain an insight into the career paths of a range of academics and to hear their personal reflections on working in different types of institution.
Through attendance you will:
- increase your understanding of the nature of an academic career, including the career options available;
- gain insight into the skills, knowledge and experience required for different levels of academic posts, and how to develop these attributes;
- talk informally with academics about their career journeys;
- receive tips for what you need to do now to position yourself for the academic career you are interested in;
- find out about further sources of support to assist you with your career planning and job application processes.
Places on this workshop are open to staff members on a Research only contract, other staff groups are welcome to apply for a place and will be entered onto a reserve list, in the event of a place becoming vacant a week prior to the session commencing staff members will be offered a place. For further guidance please email ResearcherDevelopment@cardiff.ac.uk
11 May 2016
14 June 2016
Rooms 0.27a/b & Exhibition Space, Hadyn Ellis Building, Maindy Road, Cathays, Cardiff, CF24 4HQ
14:00 - 17:00
To book a place on either date please submit your booking request via Core Portal*
*Please note you will need to inform your line manager/principal investigator of your training request so that they can authorise it in the Core Portal. No automated email will be sent notifying them of pending training requests.
Target Group: RS