Academic Careers Events
These events for postgraduate research students and research staff provide an opportunity to gain an insight into the career paths of a range of academics and to hear their personal reflections on working in different types of institution.
Through attendance you will:
- increase your understanding of the nature of an academic career, including the career options available;
- gain insight into the skills, knowledge and experience required for different levels of academic posts, and how to develop these attributes;
- talk informally with academics about their career journeys;
- receive tips for what you need to do now to position yourself for the academic career you are interested in;
- find out about further sources of support to assist you with your career planning and job application processes.
12 March 2015
01 July 2015
Rooms 0.27a/b & Exhibition Space, Hadyn Ellis Building, Maindy Road
13:45 - 17:00
PLEASE NOTE: Places on this workshop are open to staff members on a Research only contract, other staff groups are welcome to apply for a place and will be entered onto a reserve list, in the event of a place becoming vacant a week prior to the session commencing staff members will be offered a place.
Target Group: RS