Search our publications to find articles, books, reports and papers written by experts in their field.
Many of our researchers make their full text freely available to view and share, supporting research innovation on a global scale.
- Allen, D. 2017. From polyformacy to formacology. BMJ Quality & Safety (10.1136/bmjqs-2017-006677)
- Allen, D. and May, C. R. 2017. Organizing practice and practising organization: an outline of translational mobilization theory. Sage Open
- Boniface, G. and Morgan, D. 2017. The central role of the occupational therapist in facilitating housing adaptations/home modifications for disabled children. British Journal of Occupational Therapy (10.1177/0308022616680216)
- Busse-Morris, M. et al. 2017. Physical therapy and exercise interventions in Huntington's disease: a mixed methods systematic review protocol. JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports
- Coffey, M. et al., 2017. Ordinary risks and accepted fictions: how contrasting and competing priorities work in risk assessment and mental health care planning. Health Expectations 20 (3), pp.471-483. (10.1111/hex.12474)
- Coffey, M. , Hannigan, B. and Simpson, A. 2017. Care planning and co-ordination: imperfect solutions in a complex world. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing (10.1111/jpm.12393)
- Courtenay, M. et al. 2017. Early adopters? perceptions of a new diabetes medication system: A questionnaire survey. Diabetes and Primary Care 18 , pp.274-278.
- Courtenay, M. et al. 2017. Antibiotics for acute respiratory tract infections: a mixed methods study of patient experiences of non-medical prescriber management. BMJ Open 7 (3) e013515. (10.1136/bmjopen-2016-)
- Desai, A. et al., 2017. Taking data seriously: the value of actor-network theory in rethinking patient experience data. Journal of Health Services Research and Policy 22 (2), pp.134-136. (10.1177/1355819616685349)
- Edwards, D. , Carrier, J. and Hopkinson, J. 2017. Assistance at mealtimes in hospital settings and rehabilitation units for older adults (>65 years) from the perspective of patients, families and healthcare professionals: a mixed methods systematic review. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 69 , pp.100-118. (10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2017.01.013)
- Gould, D. et al. 2017. Impact of observing hand hygiene in practice and research: a methodological reconsideration. Journal of Hospital Infection 95 (2), pp.169-174. (10.1016/j.jhin.2016.08.008)
- Grant, A. and Hoyle, L. 2017. Print media representations of United Kingdom Accident and Emergency treatment targets: winter 2014-15. Journal of Clinical Nursing (10.1111/jocn.13772)
- Grant, A. , Mannay, D. and Marzella, R. 2017. 'People try and police your behaviour': the impact of surveillance on mothers' and grandmothers' perceptions and experiences of infant feeding. Families, Relationships and Societies (10.1332/204674317X14888886530223)
- Grant, A. et al. 2017. Availability of breastfeeding peer-support in the UK: a cross-sectional survey. Maternal and Child Nutrition (10.1111/mcn.12476)
- Kelly, D. et al. 2017. Heteronormativity and prostate cancer: a discursive paper. Journal of Clinical Nursing. (10.1111/jocn.13844)
- Kelly, D. M. and Vougioukalou, S. 2017. The impact of cancer treatment on sexuality and relationships for teenage and young adult cancer survivors. In: Reisman, Y. and Gianotten, W. L. eds. Cancer, Intimacy and Sexuality: a Practical Approach. Springer, pp.249-256.
- Lewis, M. , Jones, A. and Hunter, B. 2017. Women's experience of trust within the midwife-mother relationship. International Journal of Childbirth 7 (1), pp.40-52. (10.1891/2156-52188.8.131.52)
- Marie, M. , Hannigan, B. and Jones, A. 2017. Challenges for nurses who work in community mental health centres in the West Bank, Palestine. International Journal of Mental Health Systems 11 (3)(10.1186/s13033-016-0112-4)
- Marie, M. , Jones, A. and Hannigan, B. 2017. Social ecology of resilience and Sumud of Palestinians. Health (10.1177/1363459316677624)
- Michel, L. et al., 2017. The content and meaning of administrative work: a qualitative study of nursing practices. Journal of Advanced Nursing
- Morgan, G. 2017. Allied healthcare undergraduate education: international students at the clinical interface. Journal of Further and Higher Education 41 (3), pp.286-300. (10.1080/0309877X.2015.1100713)
- Nelson, M. et al., 2017. ‘Just gripping my heart and squeezing’: naming and explaining the emotional experience of receiving bad news in the paediatric oncology setting. Patient Education and Counseling
- Pickering, D. 2017. Participation in recreational activities: views, experiences and choices from children and young people with cerebral palsy.. Presented at: Education Seminar for MA students, Cass School of Education, University of East London London, UK 14 June 2017.
- Pickering, D. et al. 2017. 'Dragons and couch potatoes': Meanings of participation using metaphors from children and young people with cerebral palsy.. Presented at: European Academy of Childhood Disability Amsterdam. The Netherlands 17-20 May 2017.
- Pickering, D. et al. 2017. Voices and choices for disabled children and young people about participation in recreational activities: Creating their future stories with collage.. Presented at: European Academy of Childhood Disability Amsterdam, The Netherlands 17-20 May 2017.
- Read, S. and MacBride-stewart, S. 2017. The 'good death' and reduced capacity: A literature review. Mortality
- Rotarou, E. S. and Sakellariou, D. 2017. Neoliberal reforms in health systems and the construction of long-lasting inequalities in health care: A case study from Chile. Health Policy 121 (5), pp.495-503. (10.1016/j.healthpol.2017.03.005)
- Rotarou, E. S. and Sakellariou, D. 2017. Inequalities in access to healthcare for people with disabilities in Chile: The limits of universal health coverage. Critical Public Health (10.1080/09581596.2016.1275524)
- Sakellariou, D. and Rotarou, E. 2017. Utilisation of cancer screening services by disabled women in Chile. Plos One (10.1371/journal.pone.0176270)
- Sawle, L. , Freeman, J. and Marsden, J. 2017. Intra-Rater reliability of the multiple single-leg hop-stabilization test and relationships with age, leg dominance and training. International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy 12 (2), pp.190.
- Simpson, A. et al., 2017. Cross-national mixed methods comparative case study of recovery-focused mental health care planning and coordination in acute inpatient mental health settings (COCAPP-A). Health Services and Delivery Research
- Snooks, H. A. et al., 2017. Paramedic assessment of older adults after falls, including community care referral pathway: cluster randomized trial. Annals of Emergency Medicine (10.1016/j.annemergmed.2017.01.006)
- Taylor, J. et al., 2017. Effectiveness of portable electronic and optical magnifiers for near vision activities in low vision: a randomised crossover trial. Opthalmalic and Physiological Optics
- Van Deursen, R. W. M. , Button, K. and Roos, P. E. 2017. Whole body coordination and knee movement control during five rehabilitation exercises. Journal of Motor Behavior (10.1080/00222895.2016.1250718)
- Wheelwright, S. J. et al., 2017. Development of the EORTC QLQ-CAX24, a questionnaire for cancer patients With cachexia. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 53 (2), pp.232-242. (10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2016.09.010)