Graduating this year?
Congratulations on your graduation! These pages contain all the information you will need in order to prepare for and to enjoy the big day. Read the checklist below, and follow the links in order to make the most of this important day.
Before the day
- Check the date of your ceremony.
- Order your academic dress from Ede and Ravenscroft.
- Arrange any extra tickets, if required
- Pre-order from Ede and Ravenscroft any photos you may require. These may also be ordered on the day, but it is highly recommended that you pre-order.
- Reserve your copy of the DVD of the ceremony if required and take advantage of a reduced purchase price. DVDs may also be purchased on the day.
- Book accommodation for your guests if necessary, or ensure they have the details to do so.
- Send an eCard to your family and friends, informing them of your graduation and thanking them for their support.
On the day
- Collect your pre-ordered robe from City Hall prior to your ceremony. Allow enough time to pick up your gown, walk to St David's Hall (20-30 minutes walk) and arrive there an hour before your ceremony is due to start. Robes are available to pick up from 8:15am onwards.
- Ede and Ravenscroft sales and studio operation will be located in City Hall. You can have your photo taken either before or after the ceremony.
- Arrive at St David’s Hall an hour before the start time of the ceremony.
- Return your gown to Ede and Ravenscroft in City Hall, unless you have arranged to hire your robe for the week.
After the day
- Your certificate will arrive within approximately eight weeks of the ceremony.
- Visit the alumni web pages to see how you can stay in touch with the University, and how you can help us to continue to provide world class education and research, both now and in the future.
- Visit the University Shop and the Students' Union Shop for keepsakes of the University.
- Re-live the ceremony by viewing the webcast.