Welsh Language Staff Network
The Welsh Language Staff Network is open to all members of staff, academic and support, and to Welsh speakers, Welsh learners and non-Welsh speakers alike.
This network is a chance to get together and share ideas on how to identify opportunities to enhance the University's Equality and Diversity Strategy and Policy of treating the Welsh language no less favourably than the English language when dealing with the public. The public includes University staff, prospective and current students as well as the public in general in Wales.
Here are some examples of our achievements, discussions and responses:
• Cardiff University Welsh Language Scheme – offered advice and constructive feedback
• Research Council Committee’s Welsh Language Scheme – responded to consultation
A special meeting was also held to discuss:
• The University’s Welsh Language Scheme
• The need for an internal translation unit
• The need for Welsh Language and Culture Awareness training for CU staff
• The appointment of a member of the Network to the Equality and Diversity Committee
The present Chair is O-Dzin Tridral and secretary is Elliw Iwan.
We welcome new members, email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.