Welsh Language Staff Network Group
The Welsh Language Staff Network is open to all members of staff, academic and support, and to Welsh speakers, Welsh learners and non-Welsh speakers alike.
This network is a chance to get together and share ideas on how to identify opportunities to enhance the University's Equality and Diversity Strategy and Policy of treating both the Welsh and English languages on the basis of equality in the University.
With the establishment of the Welsh Language Commissioner, there will be a new statutory framework for policy in the University as we move from Welsh Language Schemes to Standards.
The Network is a valuable platform for such discussions.
Here are some examples of our achievements, discussions and responses:
- Cardiff University Welsh Language Scheme – offered advice and constructive feedback
- Research Council Committee’s Welsh Language Scheme – responded to consultation
A special meeting was also held with to discuss:
- The University’s Welsh Language Scheme
- The need for an internal translation unit
- The need for Welsh Language and Culture Awareness training for CU staff
- The appointment of a member of the Network to the Equality and Diversity Committee
The present Chair is Dr Simon Brooks and secretary is Elliw Iwan.
We welcome new members, email email@example.com to register.