Equality and Diversity
Cardiff University is committed to meeting its legal and moral obligations of eliminating
discrimination and promoting equality on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment,
pregnancy and maternity, race (including ethnic or national origin, colour or nationality),
religion or belief (including lack of belief), sex and sexual orientation.
All staff have a responsibility to comply with the University’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
Equality Act 2010
The University has general and specific duties for eliminating discrimination and promoting equality under the Equality Act 2010. The University has developed a draft Strategic Equality Plan to promote equality and achieve equality improvements across the University. This includes six equality objectives and covers the protected characteristics of Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage and Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex (Gender) and Sexual Orientation. Welsh Language also included.
To see our Strategic Equality plan, please click onto the following link: Strategic Equality Plan.
The University has a number of equality & diversity policies and resources in place aimed at eliminating discrimination and promoting equality.
We also have a number of staff networks in place to discuss various equality and diversity issues.
Equality and Diversity Contacts
There are a number of members of staff throughout the University who act as points of contact for all issues relating to Equality and Diversity. They represent school or directorate interests at the Equality and Diversity Contacts' meeting, receiving information about the activities of the Equality and Diversity Committee and the Equality and Diversity team and offer feedback on these from school or directorate perspective
Each School and Directorate should have an E&D Contact, whose role is:
(1) To represent school or directorate interests at the E&D contacts meeting
(2) To receive information about the activities of the E&D committee, the E&D team and the PWE team.
(3) To offer feedback on these from school or directorate perspective.
(4) To engage in training and support provided in E&D issues.
(5) To take information back to the school or directorate, and to work with others to cascade the training and information received throughout the school, directorate.
In order to help the contacts achieve the above,m eetings have been set up throughout the year, the dates of which are:
• Thurs 30 Oct 2014 - 1-3pm, Main Council Chamber
• Tues 20 Jan 2015 9.30-11.30am, Committee Room 2, Glamorgan Building
• Wed 11 Mar 2015 1-3pm, Committee Room 2, Glamorgan Building
• Thurs 28 May 2015 9.30-11.30am Committee Room 2 Glamorgan Building
Please contact Catrin Morgan (MorganCA5@cardiff.ac.uk) or ext: 70230, if you would like more information.