Types of Intern Opportunities
● Internships with Global companies such as; Ernst & Young, Huawei, Bosch, Societie Generale, IBM, Loreal etc
● Global Work experience schemes
● Internship providers such as CRCC Asia, Work the World
● International Internships with Cardiff University Alumni
● Self placing- finding your own Internship
Internship Opportunties 2014/15
● CRCC Asia: Internship opportunities across a broad range of degree disciplines that are matched to your career aspirations. The CRCC programme includes accomodation, orientation & cultural immersion training, social & cultural activities, business & networking events and Chinese lessons. (GOC will be funding a number of CRCC Asia internships for undergraduate stduents to participate during the summer of 2015)http://www.crccasia.com/internships
● Huawei work experience scheme(China)
Huawei are leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider.
Gain work experience relevant to your degree discipline in fields including business management, law and politics, science, technology & maths.
● Teaching English in Thailand Programme (TET) British Council funded, eight week teaching placements in Thailand including accomodation, an orientation programme in Bangkok and a monthly allowance.
This project offers students from Cardiff University the chance to work as a language assistant with a Thai teacher in their classrooms and support extra activities outside classroom hours. After an orientation programme in Bangkok, you will travel to your assignment, which could be in any province of Thailand. You could be working in a school, vocational college or adult education colleges.
● Bunac teaching Internship & TEFL qualification (South Africa): http://bunac.lovetefl.com/internships/south-africa-internship-gb.html
●Societe Generale summer Internships:( New York & Hong Kong) Multinational banking and financial services company.
Summer internships that will provide you with the opportunity to learn and demonstrate your strengths and skills. Combining training (both classroom based and on the job), networking and hands-on experience, these internships can facilitate your entry into the industry whilst enjoying international networking opportunities.
● Alumni Law Internships: (India) particularly of interest to students that are considering a career in intellectual property law. More details to follow..
● Bunac USA Summer Camp Instructor: paid work experience opportunities. http://bunac.org/uk/workabroad/summercamp
● IAESTE Internships in science, technology, engineering and maths related subjects http://www.iaeste.org/
Full information and details of how to apply following shortly
There is a bursary scheme available to support undergraduate students who are successful in the opportunties that are listed above. If you are not already in touch with the International Internship manager regarding these opportunties and the bursary scheme that is available be sure to get in touch.