Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu

Open Day – book now for Friday 11 September! Sign up to receive our e-newsletter


Transfers - Social Sciences

Transfers with credit from another Higher Education institution

The School will consider such requests on a case-by-case basis. It is not usual practice to accept students into years other than Year 1, though exceptions may be made. All applicants for transfers must apply via UCAS. You do not need to contact the School first, but it may be worth discussing your options with an admissions tutor to help make the right decision.

Transfer with credit from another programme at Cardiff University

Provided you have obtained/are sitting the required entry qualifications for the new scheme, you can simply send an email to Registry to request the change (email: The relevant admissions tutor will then make a decision.

Deferred Entry

The School of Social Sciences does not usually object to requests for deferral. You must ask for a deferral via Cardiff University Registry and let UCAS know.

Back to Social Sciences Admissions Criteria


Meet our students

Want to know what Cardiff is really like? Find out from the people who know best...our students.

Meet our students


2014 prospectus

Download or request a paper copy.

View prospectus