Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Coming to Cardiff

I have previously studied in the UK and already have a Police Registration Certificate – do I need to renew my certificate with the Police in Cardiff?

Yes, you will need to renew your police registration certificate if you have any of the following changes to your circumstances (see table below). You will need to take your passport and the original Police Registration Certificate with you to your Police appointment:

What’s changed? What documents/evidence required?
Change of address Cardiff University Accommodation = Residences Card only.
Private Accommodation = tenancy agreement, or Accommodation contract, or Gas/Electric/Water bill that shows your new address
Change of University Cardiff University student ID card or a print out of your CAS email from  Cardiff University
Change of marital status Marriage certificate, or Divorce certificate
Extension to visa granted by UKBA Biometric card and Passport
Change of passport New passport
I’ve lost my Police Registration Certificate – what should I do?

You will need to re-register with the Police as if you were a new student arriving in the UK for the first time. For more information please see: How do I register with the Police

How much does it cost?

Renewal of a certificate is free. There will be a £34 charge if you have lost and need to replace your police registration certificate.

« Return to visas & immigration homepage