Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Coming to Cardiff

Academic support

You may find the pace and level of academic work higher than you have been used to when you start your course, but support is available within the University to help you improve your study skills.

Where can I go for help if I’m worried about my academic studies?

Your personal tutor should be your first point of contact. Your personal tutor will be a member of teaching staff within your School who will be able to help you if you have any academic, personal or health concerns that are affecting your studies. They may also refer you to one of the other University advice staff if they feel you would benefit from speaking to a specialist. Your personal tutor should arrange to see you at least three times each year, but you can also arrange a meeting with them.

Where can I access study skills support?

You can also access online advice about improving your study skills and revision techniques at: 

« Return to living in Cardiff homepage