Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Coming to Cardiff

Do I need visas for family members helping me move to Cardiff?

If your parents, uncle, aunt, brother or sister or any other family member will be accompanying you to Cardiff for a few days to help you settle into your new life, it is very likely that they will need apply for "entry clearance" or a "family visitor visa" before they leave home.

The Do you need a visa? UKBA webpages will help you determine whether your family need to obtain a visitor visa before they travel to the UK. It also contains guidance on the type of visa that they might need.

For more information and advice on how my family (or friends) can apply for a visa to come to the UK see:

You can also find information and visa application forms for your family wanting to come to the UK see:

« Return to visas & immigration homepage