A dignified and principled community
A dignified and principled community - where equality is promoted, diversity and inclusivity are valued and individuals are respected; behaviour is guided by codes of academic integrity, ethics and good conduct; everyone accepts their responsibilities to each other; and a community that treats the English and Welsh languages on a basis of equality.
At Cardiff you can expect the University and the Students' Union to:
- treat you with dignity, courtesy and respect at all times;
- foster and promote equality and diversity, and publish information about our progress every year;
- act promptly and effectively to address complaints of discrimination or harassment;
- be committed to equality for the English and Welsh languages, and develop our Welsh-medium provision through close collaboration with the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol;
- be committed to improving the accessibility of our curriculum, facilities and services, to meet the requirements of all potential users.
The University and the Students' Union expect you to:
- behave appropriately, treating fellow students, staff and the local community with dignity, courtesy and respect at all times including online and in social media;
- inform us if your own Cardiff experience is adversely affected by the behaviour of fellow students or staff;
- develop your understanding of professionalism and academic integrity at an early stage and apply this throughout your time here and beyond.
Meeting your expectations
The following links will help you find services and information that relate to our dignified and principled community: