A caring and supportive community
A caring and supportive community - where we consider your well-being and safety according to your individual needs and where the support of others is encouraged.
At Cardiff you can expect the University and the Students' Union to:
- provide high-quality academic, administrative and pastoral support;
- enable you to make the most of our Personal Tutor system;
- provide support for the development of skills required for study;
- offer a full range of confidential help, advice and support from professional staff;
- provide you with support through the medium of English or Welsh;
- make reasonable adjustments for students with disabilities;
- provide a multi-faith chaplaincy that welcomes those of all faiths and none;
- support your safety through the provision of safe study and work environments, and a 24-hour security service on our premises;
- provide appropriate financial advice and debt counselling;
- offer information related to financial support e.g. bursaries, scholarships and hardship funds.
The University and the Students' Union expect you to:
- familiarise yourself with the support that is available to you;
- seek out advice, guidance and support at the earliest opportunity if the need arises;
- take responsibility for the management of your time and money;
- take responsibility for your personal safety and respect the safety of others;
- be aware of the needs of others and provide support where appropriate.
Meeting your expectations
The following links will help you find services and information that relate to our caring and supportive community: