- NHS Direct Flu pages
- Department of Health
- Health Protection Agency
- World Health Organisation
- National Public Health Service for Wales
Before you contact the University, please ensure you have read our Frequently Asked Questions as well as our Advice & Information web areas.
Advice & Information
- For Students: Flu Buddy... have you got one?
- For Staff: General guidance in the event of an outbreak of pandemic flu
- High-Risk Groups
- Pregnancy and Swine Flu for the Individual
- For Line Managers: Swine Flu Guidance
- Protect yourself against flu
- Important Factsheet - What to do if you think you have swine flu (NHS Leaflet)
- Information for all overseas Erasmus and exchange students
- Information for staff and students
Frequently Asked Questions
- Please browse our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information. Note that our Frequently asked questions concern issues specific to Cardiff University only; for general advice, background information and more regarding the flu outbreak, please visit the Useful Links on the left of this page.
- How can I contact the Department of Health national flu information line?
- I’m a student and I am not registered with a GP where I am living. Is it important that I register with a local doctor?
- What is the flu buddy system?
- Where can I find reliable non Cardiff University specific information about the possible flu pandemic?
- What action is the University taking concerning the spread of Swine flu?