Bursary scheme 2012 and 2013
2012 & 2013 starters
For students who started their course in 2012 or 2013 only the following rules apply.
- You must be a full time undergraduate student at Cardiff University
- You must qualify for UK student funding for living costs
- Your household income must assessed as under £42,611 by your award authority
- You must be charged fees at the £9000 rate and paying fees of over £6000 ( receiving the Welsh tuition fee remission grant does not exclude eligibility)
- You must have commenced your course in 2012 or 2013
PGCE students and NHS funded students are excluded from this bursary scheme.
Value of Bursary
The value of a bursary is calculated individually depending on the loan and grant applicable to a non final year, student living away from home for your domicile and household income. The applicable loan and grant are then subtracted from the threshold figure to calculate the bursary.
Income £0 - £30,000 Threshold 1 (£7500)
Income £30001 - £42611 Threshold 2 (6750)
Income £42,611.01 and above No Award
Please note the the maximum loan and grant payable is always used in calculating the bursary even if you have not taken out the loan or do not receive the grant.
Welsh qualifying students with the maximum grant will receive a bursary of £323
If you wish help calculating your bursary please contact our office by e-mailing Bursariesandscholarships@Cardiff.ac.uk
Students on a placement year or repeating a year who are paying fees of under £6000 will not qualify for a bursary during that year. Placements students should apply to the University student fund for additional financial support if required.