Postgraduate Funding: Professor URQ Henriques Scholarship Fund
Professor URQ Henriques Scholarship Fund
The purpose of the fund is to provide support for postgraduate students in the following schools: History and Archaeology (SHARE), European Languages, Translation and Politics (EUROP) English,
- Applicants should meet university entry requirements and be in receipt of an offer. Applications are assessed on academic merit.
- Postgraduate taught / research
- Scholarship funds contribute towards fees and/or maintenance of Masters/Doctoral Students
- Deadline: Must have accepted Cardiff as firm choice by Friday 19 July 2013
In January 2001 the University received a gift of £100,000 from Professor Henriques, a former member of staff in the Department of History and Welsh History, University College, Cardiff (1960-1981) for the establishment of the Professor URQ Henriques Scholarship Fund.
The purpose of the fund is to provide support for postgraduate students within the School of History, Archaeology and Religion, the School of European Languages, Translation and Politics, and the School of English, Communication and Philosophy.
Income from the Fund will be used to provide scholarships for postgraduate students in one or more of the Schools concerned. Each year the award will rotate between the schools, with students of each school being eligible for the award every three years.
In 2010/11 the scholarship was awarded by the Cardiff School of European Languages, Translation and Politics. It will be awarded by the School of History, Archaeology and Religion in 2011/12 and by the School of English Communication and Philosophy in 2012/13. Which means 2013/14 will again be awarded by Cardiff School of European Languages, Translation and Politics.
These Scholarships are available to all Home/EU students who enrol for a Postgraduate Taught or Research Degree in Cardiff School of European Languages, Translation and Politics during 2013/14.
There are 3 awards available to the value of £1650 towards a reduction in tuition fees.
No application process required - applicants holding offers with the School will be identified from their Postgraduate application to study. Students will receive confirmation of their scholarship during mid-August. The Scholarship will be paid directly towards the cost of the tuition fees following enrolment in 2013.
Applications are assessed on academic merit. Awards will not be made when there are no candidates of sufficient merit. EUROP will award this scholarship in 2013/14 and again in 2016/17.
Terms & conditions
The student must:
- Have accepted Cardiff as their firm choice by Friday 19 July 2013
- Be registered on a taught or research postgraduate course in the School by 30 September 2013
- Commence their programme in the 2013/14 academic session
- Meet their offer criteria in full • Be a self-funding student; partially sponsored students are eligible provided that they are paying their own fees equal to at least the amount of the scholarship
- All scholarships take the form of a reduction in fees. Where fees are paid in instalments, the reduction will be split equally between instalments.
- A student must be fully enrolled for the academic year to be entitled to a scholarship
- All scholars will be required to have their name (and potentially photograph and profile) included in School publicity material relating to the scholarship scheme.
Conditions are subject to an annual review and may change.
Scholarships may not be deferred.