Postgraduate Funding: Communities First Funding
In order to facilitate more flexible postgraduate study we are offering the following fee-waivers to students from Communities First areas.
- Applicants within Communities First areas
- PART-TIME Postgraduate Taught / Research
- Postgraduate Taught fee waivers at £1,980 / Postgraduate Research fee waivers at £1,537
- Deadline: Must have accepted Cardiff as their firm choice by Friday 19 July 2013
Communities First postcodes
Communities First is the Welsh Government’s flagship programme designed to improve the living conditions and the prospects of people in the most disadvantaged communities across Wales.
Communities First areas correspond to the 100 most deprived electoral divisions according to the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation 2000, the 32 pockets of deprivation, six imaginative proposals and 47 new areas as identified by the Welsh Assembly Government.
Details of Communities First areas can be found at: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/undergraduate/applying/contextual-data/communities-first.html
This funding is available to students from Communities First areas studying on part-time Postgraduate Taught (PGT) or Postgraduate Research (PGR) programmes listed below in Cardiff School of European Languages, Translation and Politics commencing in 2013/14:
MA European Studies
MA Translation Studies
MSc Econ European Governance and Public Policy
MSc Econ International Relations
MSc Econ Public Policy
Postgraduate Research Studentship (including MPhil Political Theory)
£1,980 reduction in tuition fees for PGT programmes*
£1,537 reduction in tuition fees for PGR programmes*
*Fee reductions are made against the total fee for the programme. This is not an annual award.
No application process required - applicants holding offers with the School will be identified from their Postgraduate application to study. Students will receive confirmation of funding during mid-August. Funding will be paid directly towards the cost of the tuition fees following enrolment in 2013.
Terms & conditions
The student must:
- Have accepted Cardiff as their firm choice by Friday 19 July 2013
- Be registered on a part time PGT programme at Cardiff School of European Languages, Translation and Politics by 30 September 2013
- Commence their programme in the 2013/14 academic session
- Meet their offer criteria in full
- Be a self-funding student; partially sponsored students are eligible provided that they are paying their own fees equal to at least the amount of the scholarship
- All scholarships take the form of a reduction in fees. Where fees are paid in instalments, the reduction will be split equally between instalments.
- A student must be fully enrolled for the academic year to be entitled to a scholarship
- All scholars will be required to have their name (and potentially photograph and profile) included in Cardiff School of European Languages, Translation and Politics publicity material relating to the scholarship scheme.
Conditions are subject to an annual review and may change.
Scholarships may not be deferred.