Hints and Tips
The best form of energy saving help is each one of us…….
• Switching equipment and lights off when we leave areas is by far the most effective way of saving energy
• Avoid the use of Thermostatic radiator valves as on/off switches – they are best left in one position once a comfortable point is found.
• Many items covered by our colleagues in INSRV are applicable here too – switch off PC’s and monitors when not in use as a large energy saving item.
• Report any items left running via the Estates hotline.
• Switch off equipment wherever possible – remember items on stand-by still consume energy.
• Watch your temperatures even a saving of 1 degree can give many percent of energy savings.
• Keep you boiler and any other heating appliances regularly serviced for maximum efficiency and safety.
• Unplug chargers when not in use.
• Ensure your home is insulated and protected from draughts.
• Reduce, reuse, recycle and dispose of your waste carefully.
• Assess your carbon footprint with the Wales Assembly Government's carbon calculator.
It is easy to use and you will also get a free personal action plan to reduce carbon and save you money!