Careers and employability
In the latest available survey, 83% of our undergraduates were in employment or further study within six months of graduation (2015 figures).
From the public to the private sector, we enable careers in an impressively wide range of fields. Our graduates use their newly-acquired skills in a broad spectrum of jobs, particularly in the media, education and health sectors. While teaching, language-related professions, publishing and public relations are especially popular, graduate destinations, the business and commercial sectors are also well represented.
Focused career support
We offer information, advice and guidance to our students at every stage, delivering a tailored range of careers-related events throughout the year.
Whatever your career ambitions, we can help you to start your journey with our range of focused activities.
Careers and employability support includes:
- one-to-one sessions by appointment
- CV, application form and interview workshops
- career planning sessions including career options for your Humanities degree
- LinkedIn masterclass
- professional networking events
- professional guest speakers from a wide range of sectors (e.g. publishing, heritage, charity sector)
- work experience placements & advice
- enterprise activities
- current labour market information.
You can find the Careers and Employability service on Park Place.
For information specific to our subject areas, contact Llinos Carpenter:
Careers and Employability