Funded Research Projects
Recently Completed Projects
- 'Professional and parental autonomy and involvement in childhood genetic testing' [55 KB]. It is one of the Centre for Economic and Social Aspects of Genomics (CESAGen) flagship projects on Genomics, Health and Identity.
- 'Explanations in Genetics: Causality and Accountability in Complex Disorders' [54 KB] (The Wellcome Trust, 2004-2007)
- 'Quality of Life and Health Care Communication in a Global Community’ It is one of the four projects under the Language and Global Communication Programme (The Leverhulme Trust, 2001-2006).
- HIV/AIDS Strand [24 KB]
- Telemedicine Strand [22 KB]
- 'Risk Communication in Genetic Counselling' (Sarangi, The Leverhulme Trust).
- Pilot project on 'Narrative Analysis of Patient Accounts of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' (Gwyn, Wales Office R&D)
Older Projects Completed
- 'Communicative Frames in Counselling for Predictive Genetic Testing' [16 KB](The Wellcome Trust, 2000-2004).
- 'Accounting for Chronic Fatigue: patient narratives and professional perspectives' [14 KB] (WORD, 2001-2004)