English Language and Communication
Our research and teaching are powered by a deep fascination in how language and communication work, including what we say, why we say it that way, and what effect is has on others. The range of topics offered across our teaching and supervision programmes reflects the research interests of our staff, which means that lectures and seminars are always stimulating and at the cutting edge. To gain an idea of the range of these interests, follow the links on the right, which include descriptions of the three research sub-groups that shape our activity within the Centre for Language and Communication Research, and the individual research specialisms of our staff. For information about postgraduate research in an environment that was ranked 10th in the UK in the REF 2014, also follow the links on the right. For undergraduate and MA programmes, follow the links on the left.
- BA in English Language
- BA in English Language & Literature
- Joint Honours with other subjects
- Student Handbooks, Course Guides and Module Descriptions
- Download the BA English Language brochure
- Download the School Undergraduate brochure or click here to read it online
- MA/Diploma in Applied Linguistics
- MA/Diploma in Language and Communication Research
- MA/Diploma in Forensic Linguistics
How to Apply
We very much welcome applications from students from outside the UK. If you wish to study on a full-time basis, follow the links to our programmes on this page.
- Overview of the Centre for Language and Communication Research
- Projections of Self
- Dimensions of Linguistic Knowledge
- Professional and Public Discourse
- Staff areas of expertise
- Event List for Language and Communication
- Visiting Scholar programme
Postgraduate Research Programmes
- Cardiff-based PhDs in Language and Communication, Applied Linguistics (full- and part-time)
- PhD in Applied Linguistics (Lexical Studies) part-time distance programme.
- Current and Recent PhD research students and their topics
- Funding Opportunities
How to Apply
Undergraduate study in Language and Communication: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MA/Diploma courses contact: email@example.com
PhD study contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre Address: Cardiff University, John Percival Building, Colum Drive, Cardiff, CF10 3EU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)29 208 76049