Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Examination Arrangements

What arrangements can be made?

The type of support that can be put in place will depend on your individual needs, however typical types of adjustments include:

• Extra Time 

• Readers/Scribes 

• Exam papers in enlarged fonts sizes 

• Comfort breaks 

• Use of keyboard and computer

All decisions regarding exam arrangements are made via Academic Registry and need to be supported by appropriate documentary evidence.  The Disability and Dyslexia Service will process your request.

How do I set up My Examination Arrangements?

Any exam arrangements or adjustments to assessments need to be requested.  These arrangements are not put in place automatically when you let the University know that you have a disability.  It is your responsibility to make sure an application is made to Academic Registry via the Disability and Dyslexia Service.

Requests should be made by completing the form below, hard copies are available from the Disability and Dyslexia Service:



Completed applications forms need to be brought to the Disability and Dyslexia Service to be considered by an adviser.  Requests are then sent to Academic Registry for approval (where possible).  If you are unsure of what support will be best for you then you can contact us to speak to an adviser.  

When should I set up my Examination Arrangements?

Examination Arrangements should be requested at the earliest possible stage, to ensure that the arrangements are put in place for class tests as well as exams.  Some class tests can start as early as October in the academic year, you should check this with your school.

If you have missed the publicised deadline for a particular examination session please contact the Disability and Dyslexia Service to discuss your options for those exams and organising support for any future exams.

If you have any questions or want to discuss examination arrangements further then please contact us to speak to an adviser.