Health, safety and environment
We recognise that the health and safety of our students and staff, and the environment in which they work, are of primary importance.
We also understand that we must aim to ensure that our work does not adversely affect the health and safety of patients, visitors and the general public.
Therefore in line with overall University policy, we are committed to:
- the prevention of injury and ill health and continual improvement in health and safety performance
- the prevention of pollution and continual improvement in environmental performance in all its operations
- meeting or exceeding statutory safety, health and environmental requirements and other requirements to which the University subscribes relating to its hazards and aspects.
To achieve these goals the School has established detailed mechanisms and structures, in partnership with the Dental Division of Cardiff & Vale University Health Board:
- for providing information, training and advice about the various potential hazards which are likely to be encountered
- for monitoring and the maintenance of its high safety, health and environmental standards
- for regular consultation between the School and representatives of its staff and students on health, safety and environmental matters.
Health and Safety legislation recognises that employees also have a responsibility to ensure a safe working environment and practices, not only for themselves but also for fellow staff, students, patients and visitors.