How to apply
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
You can apply to study abroad for the whole academic year or for either the Autumn (Fall) or Spring semester.
We generally require study abroad students to have completed two years of a university or college degree and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Both Study Abroad and International Exchange programmes are full-time, students must enrol on a minimum of 60 credits each semester. Please also note that in order to study some modules you may be required to show background knowledge in that subject area. If you have a query about the suitability of your qualifications please email: email@example.com
Our Study Abroad programme is only available to overseas students from countries outside of the EU wishing to study at Cardiff University for either a semester or a full year as part of their full degree elsewhere.
If you are from the EU and are interested in becoming an occasional student, please email our Admissions Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're not from the EU and would like to apply to us for a full degree, please visit our undergraduate pages.
How to apply
Nominations and applications for the autumn 2019 term and academic year 2019/2020 are now open.
Students applying for an International Exchange from one of our partner institutions will need to be formally nominated by their home university. Application instructions will be sent following the nomination. Partner universities should email email@example.com if they require instructions on how to nominate students.
Students from non-partner institutions applying for our Study Abroad programme (fee-paying) should email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about making an application.
- Build your study abroad programme and select your modules from the online module catalogue. Half of the credits you enrol on at Cardiff University must be from one Academic School. You are required to list your provisional module choices by order of preference on your application form and on our module survey. You must select a minimum of 100 credits at the application stage, however we advise selecting as many suitable courses as possible in case of cancellations or timetable clashes.
- Submit an online application, instructions will be emailed directly to all applicants.
- Upload or email the required supporting documents.
- Complete our online module survey.
- your most recent academic transcript
- one academic reference
- personal statement.
Supporting documents can be uploaded as part of the online application, or emailed to email@example.com.
Autumn 2019 & Full Year 2019/2020
- Nomination deadline: 15 April 2019
- Application deadline: 30 April 2019