Fees and living costs
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Cardiff is one of the more affordable of the traditional university cities, meaning you will have more to spend exploring the UK and Europe.
Tuition fees for Study Abroad programmes 2017/18
If a sponsor is paying your fees
If your home university or study abroad provider is paying your tuition or housing fees, all we require is a letter of confirmation from them so that we can produce and send an invoice.
This letter can be sent or emailed to us and must:
- be on official headed paper
- provide confirmation that fees are to be paid on behalf of the student
- include the student’s name
- provide full contact details of the invoice recipient
- be signed by the university or the study abroad provider representative.
In addition to your tuition fees, we estimate that a single student living in University accommodation is likely to need an average of £8,4221 for a full academic year or £4,211 for one semester.
Students who are on a budget can live on less if they wish to do so. The minimum cost of living as recommended by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for studying outside London is £1,015 per month.
These estimates include accommodation, food, books, clothes, travel, telephone and social expenses.
Our living costs calculator can help you decide what your average living costs would look like based on international student expenditure at Cardiff University.
Some other advantages of coming to Cardiff include:
- It is a compact city and the University is in the middle – so you won't have far to travel between the University, city centre shops and your accommodation.
- It is is also very flat, making it easy to walk or cycle around. Many buses and taxis operate in the city and are very reasonably priced.
If you have any questions regarding finance, please contact our Student Support Service.
Comparisons with other university cities
The table below is taken from the Natwest Student Living Index 2016 and compares weekly rental costs across the UK. You can see that Cardiff is one of the more affordable locations.
Source: Natwest Student Living Index 2016