Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.

There are a number of accommodation options available to you during your studies with us.

University residences

Full session students (September-June)

Our Residences Office can guarantee an offer of a single occupancy place in University residences if you are an European Erasmus student studying with us for a full academic year. We can also assist with booking a room in a local hotel for your first few nights in Cardiff. More information about this will be issued to you before you arrive.

There are a number of University residences and student houses to choose from, offering catered, part-catered and self-catered residences. Around 70% of residences have their own study bedroom and bathroom. Standard residences have bathroom facilities which are shared between four to eight people. Self-catered residences have communal kitchen areas.

Part session students (studying for one semester)

Our Residences Office cannot guarantee part session students a place in University residences. If you are a part session student then you can still apply for a place in University residences, but it is advisable to also seek accommodation in the private landlord sector. We will send you further information regarding private accommodation once you have applied for your course units.

How to apply

Arriving September

If you are a full session Erasmus student, you can apply online for University residences as soon as you receive your username and password.

Arriving January

In January there are only a small number of vacancies available which can be offered to part session Erasmus students. If you have applied online you will be contacted by the Residences Office in December regarding availability.

For further information on University accommodation and to apply online, please visit our Residences pages.

Private sector accommodation

There is a wide choice of private accommodation in Cardiff that is let out by private landlords.

Some landlords may be reluctant to offer short-term tenancy agreements so it is important to research carefully. If you do decide to look for private accommodation, then contact our Residences Office. They have lists of flats and shared houses that are currently available. Once you have your student number, email it and course of study to to request a short-term let list.

The Student Support Centre can also help you with any private accommodation concerns and can give you advice on what to consider when thinking about renting. It is also a good idea to come to Cardiff before your period of study commences in order to look for suitable accommodation.

You may also wish to seek other students looking for accommodation by posting a message on our Facebook page.

Useful contacts

Swyddfa Preswylfeydd

Canolfan Cynghori Myfyrwyr