English Language Programmes

Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.

PG students talking in traditional building

The English language teaching centre offers a variety of courses ranging from eight weeks to nine months which cater for most language levels and abilities.

Our students come from all over the world to improve their English before commencing university study in the UK. Whether you are making plans to continue your academic studies at Cardiff University or elsewhere in the UK, we aim to help you succeed.

Which course is right for you?

Choosing the right course will depend on your current level of English language and what you are looking to achieve.

English for University Study Programme

A full-time English language and study skills course for international students.

Pre-sessional summer courses

Full-time, intensive English language courses for international students with IELTS scores of 5.5, 6.0 or 6.5 who hold offers to study here on undergraduate or postgraduate courses.

In-Sessional English Language Support

Our In-sessional team provides ongoing English language and study skills support for current international students during their academic studies.

Paying your fees

Learn what your course fees cover and how to pay them.

Contact us

Get in touch to find out more about courses, application process and more.

Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.

If you are a national of a country that is not within the European Economic Area (EEA) and you do not have a passport issued by an EEA country, it is very likely that you will need to apply for a Tier 4 student visa before you leave your home country.

The majority of international students need a student visa. Students who do not need a student visa are largely nationals of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.

The UKVI webpages will determine whether you need to obtain a visa before you travel to the UK. It also contains guidance on the type of visa you might need.

If you need help determining your fee status as an international student, you can refer to the regulations governing fee classification.

A flag consisting of multiple European flags

Before you apply for your visa

Information about who can help, which visa you should apply for and when, as well as how to get the documents translated.

Hands typing on a keyboard

Applying for your visa

Information on our visa application guidelines, if you will need an interview and how long your visa will take to arrive.

Canolfan Mileniwm Cymru

Once you have your visa

Find out what to do next, when can you come to the UK, how long can you study and how long your visa is valid for.

4 students on steps

Extending a visa

Information about extending your visa if you're already a student in the UK, what to do if you plan to go home for the holidays and who to contact for help.

Postgraduate students discussing study options

Collecting your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)

Information about how and when to collect your BRP once you're in the UK.

A white signpost against a blue sky which reads help, support, advice, guidance, assistance.

Bringing your family

Advice on bringing family members and the Immigration Health Surcharge.