Dr Tim Young
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Education and qualifications
MA Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge.
PhD awarded 1985 (The stratigraphy of the upper Ordovician of central Portugal), Sheffield University
1985-1987: NERC Postdoctoral Fellow, The sedimentology of an upper Ordovician ironstone in Europe, Sheffield University.
1988-1991: Research Assistant: NERC mapping contract, Geological Sheet 134, Pwllheli (UWCC).
1993: Research Associate: Developing computer-aided learning module on Stereographic Projection. (UWCC).
1994-1998: Part-time lecturer, Department of Earth Sciences, Cardiff University.
1993-2003: Part-time tutor, Department of Geography, Swansea University.
1997- : Associate Tutor, Archaeology, Cardiff University
1997- : owner GeoArch, Archaeological Consultancy (www.geoarch.co.uk)
- Fellow of The Society of Antiquaries
- Fellow of The Geological Society
- Member of Council of the Historical Metallurgy Society (Chairman 2007-2011)
- Member of the Caerleon Research Committee
- Member of Bristol and Gloucestershire Archaeological Society
- Member of Gloucester and District Archaeological Research Group
- Member of Severn Estuary Levels Research Committee
Currently teaching on:
- 'Surveying and Prospecting' (HS2314)
- 'Analysis of artefacts' (HS2320)
- 'Archaeological Science' (HS2422)