Dr Louise Child
Lecturer in Religious Studies
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
- Tantric Buddhism
- Theories of Durkheim and Mauss
- Altered States of Consciousness (including Shamanism and Possession Trance)
- Contemporary Film
- Ritual sacrifice
Research networks and groups
- Crime Narratives Network, Cardiff University
- Interdisciplinary Film Network, Cardiff University,
- Sacrifice Project Team, School of History, Archaeology and Religion, Cardiff University Project conference poster available:
- The power of sacrifice: context and representations conference poster [2.5 Mb]
- Emotions, Symbols and Rituals: Studying Societies Through Film.
- Bodies, Spirits, and Souls: The Person, Ethics, and Religion.
- Myth and the Movies
- Myth, Narrative and Theory Pathway for MA in Religious Studies.
Poster about this MA pathway available: MA Religious Studies: Myth, Narrative and Theory poster [733.4 Kb]
The Power of Sacrifice: Contexts and Representations
The project brings together classicists, historians, philosophers, anthropologists, archaeologists and religious studies scholars to examine ways in which sacrifice has been received, theorised, reported and understood in a number of religious, social and cultural contexts, both ancient and modern.
A conference was held 18th and 19th of January 2012 and the project team are currently putting together an edited volume.
Project conference poster available: