Dr Ceire Broderick
Lecturer in Spanish
I joined Cardiff University in 2016 on completing my PhD in Latin American Studies. I contribute to Spanish language and culture modules at undergraduate level and my research interests lie broadly in the literature and culture of Latin America, with specific expertise in Chile.
Before joining Cardiff University in 2016, I obtained a structured PhD in Latin American Studies with a focus on representations of genders and ethnicities in Chilean historical fiction from NUI Galway. Prior to this, I had completed the BA International in Spanish and French and the MA in Spanish in NUI Galway.
Anrhydeddau a Dyfarniadau
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Research Scholarship from the Irish Research Council (3 years)
Hardiman Research Scholarship (4 years)
- Introduction to Hispanic Studies (Year 1)
- Spanish Language Beginners (Year 1)
- Spanish Language Advanced (Year 1)
- Spanish Language Ex-Advanced (Year 2)
- Tutor for Year Abroad essay
- Translation for Spanish Erasmus Students
- Advanced Translation Practice in Spanish (Year 4)
My research interests are interdisciplinary. They include Latin American women writers, particularly Chilean authors; identities; postcolonial studies in Latin America; narrative techniques; and historical fiction.