Research Technician (imaging and materials)
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
I have a wide range of experience of different experimental techniques. My main area of interest is imaging technology and particularly running the Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM).
The School has been fortunate to be able to purchase a brand new Tescan SEM in 2014 which will vastly increase the imaging capabilities.
I have also worked on a large number of materials based projects as well as being a vital member of the Dental Forensic Unit, previously based within the School.
I can offer advice, training and troubleshooting on any of the departmental imaging equipment including:
- Tescan Scanning Electron Microscope
- Leica SP5 Confocal Microscope (with incubator chamber and timelapse)
- Taicaan Xyris Optical Surface Profiler
- Mitutoyo SV 2000 surface profiler
- SBT 650 Cutting Machine (diamond blade)
- Aperio Histology Slide Scanner
- Nikon Fluorescent Microscope (with digital camera)
- Glen Creston Freezer Mill
Hours of work:
- Monday - Tuesday, 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday, 9am - 3pm