Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Our pathway to a degree in modern languages is designed for adults returning to education and has the potential to contribute directly to a highly marketable degree.
Modules are taught in the evenings and lunchtimes, and have been put together to meet the needs of the working world, allowing you to develop commercially valuable linguistic skills. You will learn about the cultures of other countries as well as the languages spoken there.
You will be taught by expert tutors who have huge experience of developing language skills in adults and are dedicated to helping you to succeed.
How it works
The pathway is made up of 60 credits and is equivalent to 50% of the first year of a degree. It is intended to provide you with the linguistic skills and intellectual preparation needed, and will guarantee you an interview, to study with us for a degree in modern languages.
If you are accepted onto a degree you will be have completed half the credits required for Year 1 of your degree.
This pathway requires a certain level of competence in your chosen language or languages. Determining your level of language competency can be difficult but we have developed a table indicating levels of competency to help. Students for this module are required to start at stage E or above.
You can choose to focus on one language and study a single honours or study two languages as a joint honours. There are four languages you can choose from, these are:
- Module One (30 credits) - depending on your proficiency you would study stage E or F.
- Module Two (30 credits) - you would study stage F or G (or G and H) depending on which stage you studied in module One
- Module One (30 credits) - depending on your proficiency, you would study at stage F or G in your stronger language.
- Module Two (30 credits) - you would study at stage E or higher in your other language of choice.
- Lower Advanced French - Stage E (30 credits)
- Advanced French - Stage F (30 credits)
- Higher Advanced French - Stage G (30 credits).
- Higher Advanced French - Stage H (30 credits)
- Lower Advanced German - Stage E (30 credits)
- Advanced German - Stage F (30 credits)
- Advanced German - Stage H (30 credits).
- Lower Advanced Italian - Stage E (30 credits)
- Advanced Italian - Stage F (30 credits)
- Higher Advanced Italian - Stage G (30 credits).
- Lower Advanced Spanish - Stage E (30 credits)
- Advanced Spanish - Stage F (30 credits)
- Higher Advanced Spanish - Stage G (30 credits).
- Higher Advanced Spanish - Stage H (30 credits)
Under normal circumstances, you can expect to complete the pathway within one year, but you can take longer if needed.
Information about funding and finance can be found here.
If you have any queries or would like to find out more about this pathway please contact: Eckart@cardiff.ac.uk Tel. 029 20875336 or:
Pathways to a degree