Vaccinations and health checks

Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.

We recommend that you are vaccinated against tuberculosis, tetanus, polio, diphtheria, meningitis C and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR).

Current advice is that two doses of the MMR vaccine are needed to give you adequate protection. For students studying medicine, dentistry, nursing and other health-related courses, please check the immunisation details requested on the Pre-Course Occupational Health Questionnaire sent to you.

These precautions are necessary to ensure that you are properly protected from potentially serious illness.

We strongly advise you to check with your doctor before leaving your home country to confirm that these immunisations are up to date.

If you have any queries, please email the University Health Centre.

Tuberculosis (TB) certificate (if applicable)

Residents from some countries are required to obtain a certificate confirming they are free from infectious TB before applying for a visa. Visit GOV.UK for the most up-to-date list of countries which require a TB certificate.

The test includes having a chest X-ray at an accredited clinic or hospital run by the International Organisation for Migration.

If your country is not listed, but you are from the Indian Subcontinent, Africa or countries that have tuberculosis (TB), we recommend that you have an up-to-date chest X-ray certificate and medical report that is less than three months old.

If you do not have this information, you may have to have a chest X-ray and medical examination before you are allowed to pass through immigration at a UK airport.