Myfyrwyr yn Genhadon
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
We are currently recruiting Student Ambassadors! If you've taken part in an overseas placement and want to spread the word about your experiences, we'd love to hear from you. Please find information about the role below.
Role Title: Global Opportunity Centre Student Ambassador
School/Directorate: International Office
Duration: Academic year
Voluntary position, representing the Global Opportunity Centre at one event (at least) per month
Reports to: GOC Ambassador Manager, Emily Travis
Closing date: end of 31st August 2014
Global Opportunity Centre Ambassadors are Cardiff University students who have returned from study, work, internship or volunteering programs abroad. As a student with global experience you have valuable experience and can offer first hand insight into the process of going abroad. You will be able to help answer general questions and give advice on your specific programme.
GOC Ambassadors will be trained in advising students on the various international opportunities offered at Cardiff University, as well as assisting in raising the profile of the GOC with outreach activities, student communication and general marketing.
Being a GOC Ambassador is a rewarding way to reflect on your experience abroad and use this to help inspire other prospective students to go abroad. It is also a great way to boost your CV as you will gain additional skills and experience whilst having the opportunity to work with University staff.
A GOC Ambassador will:
- Be a former study, work or volunteer participant currently enrolled as a Cardiff University student
- Attend an initial training session
- Enthusiastically promote the Global Opportunity Centre by sharing your experiences through blogs, presentations and tabling events
- Represent the Global Opportunity at appropriate publicity events
- Interact with diverse students and demonstrate a passion in the value of international student mobility
- Advise and connect with students who are interested in going abroad
- Work with University staff and have a professional and mature attitude
Benefits of being a GOC Ambassador:
- Rewarding opportunity to share your enthusiasm for international experiences with prospective students
- Experience of marketing for a recognised University division
- A chance to collaborate with University staff and network across departments
- Gain professional experience for your CV
- Experience of advising in a professional setting
- Increased confidence in public speaking and communication skills
- Develop teamwork, leadership and self-management skills
- Following your time as a GOC Ambassador, the Ambassador Manager will be happy to explore how this experience has enhanced your employability and will work with you to review and update your CV
If you are interested in becoming a Global Opportunity Centre Ambassador, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line GOC Ambassador Application.
In the email, please provide the following:
- Full name
- Mobile number
- International Programme in which you participated (please include location and dates)
- A short biography (250 words or less) introducing yourself
- A short paragraph (250 words or less) on why you are interested in being a GOC ambassador