How to apply
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Before you apply for an internship you should check the requirements for taking on the role.
Typically, our interns are:
- students of European Studies, Politics, Law, Communication Studies or any other subject with a European dimension
- students of Librarianship/Information Studies
- wanting to improve their language skills in the UK in a 'European' environment and/or in a special library.
Internships are open to anyone from an EU member state (or from a candidate/potential candidate country). We will also consider applicants from outside these countries who have a particular wish to work in a centre that specialises in European information.
Applicants must be proficient in the English language (speaking and writing).
We are ideally looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- a good existing knowledge of the EU and Europe in general
- a good existing awareness of information sources relating to these topics
- good IT skills and familiarity with social media formats such as Facebook
- an outgoing and friendly manner
- interest or experience in working in the media or in other aspects of information and communication.
We welcome applications from students studying in Cardiff who wish to gain some part-time work experience in an environment with a strong focus on Europe and the European Union.
It is essential that you receive an ERASMUS+ grant or equivalent form of funding.
Any initial application to us should contain a CV and motivational letter explaining why you want an internship specifically with us.
Please include the following information in your application:
- when you would like to visit
- how long you wish to stay
- your background
- English language proficiency
- your motivation for choosing the Centre for your internship
- full contact details.
All enquiries will receive a response whether or not we are able to offer a placement.
Applications should be sent by email with Internship enquiry as the subject to:
Ymholiadau Canolfan Dogfennau Ewropeaidd
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 4262