3D seismic laboratory
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Our state-of-the-art seismic interpretation and visualisation facility supports research into diverse aspects of sedimentary basins, with emphasis on continental margins.
We apply 3D seismic technology to the analysis of depositional and deformational processes, focused around the following research themes:
- Fluid flow in the lithosphere, with emphasis on 'conventional' hydrocarbons, gas hydrates, geothermal energy, and other energy sources.
- Fault mechanics, salt tectonics and their relationship to subsurface fluid flow.
- Tectonic-stratigraphy of sedimentary basins, with emphasis on rift basins evolution and on the syn-rift to post-rift transitions on continental margins.
- Mass-wasting processes on continental margins and their end-products, in close collaboration with the IODP-Integrated Ocean Drilling Program.
- Environmental impacts of hydrocarbon exploration and production, CO2 capture, oil spill modelling and mitigation.
- Megablocks on continental margins and their geological significance.
The 3D seismic laboratory has developed and built up strong links with industry sponsors, most notably in the Oil and Gas Industry. We have datasets in the following locations:
- Caspian Sea
- Cyprus/Eastern Mediterranean
- New Zealand
- West Africa
Our sponsors and data providers include:
|Acrep||Badley Geoscience Limited||BG Group|
|British Geological Survey||CGG Veritas||European Commission|
|Falcon Oil||Geological Society of London||IHS|
|Husky Energy||Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP)||Partex Oil and Gas|
|Petrobras||Petroleum Geo-Services||Repsol S.A.|
|Royal Society||Schlumberger Information Solutions||Sonangol|
|Southwest Research Institute (SWRI)||SSI||Statoil|
|TGS||The Natural Environment Research Council||Total|