What We Do
The Cardiff Unit for Research and Evaluation in Medical and Dental Education (CUREMeDE) was established in 2009. It is a collaboration between Cardiff University School of Social Sciences and the Wales Postgraduate Deanery (the School of Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education)
The purpose of the Unit is to conduct multidisciplinary research and evaluation of the education and training of health professionals.
Work focuses on the educational impact of changes in areas such as:
- foundation and specialist training
- continuing professional development and lifelong learning
- recruitment, retention and careers
- skill mix and extended duties
- organisational restructuring
- technology in the support of learning
- workplace based learning and assessment
Our intention is to produce high quality outputs which contribute to enhancing the educational development of health professionals in Wales and beyond.