Linking Bottom-up with Top-down Climate Adaptation Planning in Rural Alaska Through Community-led Visions for Self-relianceProfessor Stuart Chapin, University of Alaska FairbanksThursday 25th September 2014 - 5:30pm
Professor Chapin will discuss the role of a boundary organization (Community Partnership for Self-Reliance and Sustainability) that seeks to empower indigenous communities in rural Alaska to adapt to climatic and socio-economic changes.
- Pete Mackie, School of Planning and Geography and Shelter CymruThursday 9th October 2014 - 5:30pm
This seminar series aims to examine the impact of the recession on social and economic life in Wales; and to take stock of the policy responses in Wales in the context of a Westminster government committed to austerity measures.
- Professor Andrew Daly, RAND CorporationTuesday 4th November 2014 - 5:30pm
Professor Andrew Daly joins the Innovation and Engagement schedule to talk under the title 'The Role of Modelling in Supporting Transport Policy'.
- Dr Agatha Herman, University of ReadingTuesday 25th November 2014 - 4:00pm
Dr Agatha Herman, University of Reading, joins the Environment Research Group Seminar series taking place in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
- Dr Alex Singleton, University of LiverpoolTuesday 16th December 2014 - 5:30pm
Developing models of city structure have a long history in urban geography and planning. This seminar will explore a series of advances in such methods and their application to issues of social concern.
- Marc Higgin, University of AberdeenTuesday 17th February 2015 - 4:00pm
Please join us for this Environment Research Group Seminar featuring Marc Higgin, University of Aberdeen, taking place in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
- Dr Paul Barratt, Staffordshire UniversityTuesday 17th March 2015 - 4:00pm
Dr Paul Barratt, Staffordshire University, joins the Environment Research Group Seminar series in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
- Dr Jennifer Gabrys, University of LondonTuesday 28th April 2015 - 4:00pm
Dr Jennifer Gabrys, Goldsmiths, University of London, joins the Environment Research Group Seminar series in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.