Linking Bottom-up with Top-down Climate Adaptation Planning in Rural Alaska Through Community-led Visions for Self-relianceProfessor Stuart Chapin, University of Alaska FairbanksThursday 25th September 2014 - 5:30pm
Professor Chapin will discuss the role of a boundary organization (Community Partnership for Self-Reliance and Sustainability) that seeks to empower indigenous communities in rural Alaska to adapt to climatic and socio-economic changes.
- Professor Neil Wrigley FBA, University of SouthamptonTuesday 14th October 2014 - 5:30pm
Neil Wrigley is the sole academic member of the Government Policy Advisory Group the Future High Streets Forum. He will discuss in this lecture Britain's high street crisis triggered by the shockwave of global financial meltdown in 2007-08
- Professor Henry Buller, University of ExeterTuesday 21st October 2014 - 5:30pm
Professor Henry Buller joins us for our annual Jon Murdoch Memorial Lecture as part of the Innovation and Engagement Public Lecture Series.
- Anna Minton, Writer and JournalistTuesday 28th October 2014 - 5:30pm
Anna Minton is a writer and journalist and Visiting Professor at the University of East London. She will be talking about her book, ‘Ground Control: Fear and happiness in the 21st century city’ (Penguin 2012).
- Professor Andrew Daly, RAND EuropeTuesday 4th November 2014 - 5:30pm
We welcome Professor Andrew Daly, RAND Europe to the Innovation and Engagement Public Lecture Series, taking place in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
- Bill Grimsey, RetailerTuesday 11th November 2014 - 5:30pm
During 2014 Bill has been leading an advisory group to the Labour Party on the future of Town Centres and was recently awarded an Honorary Doctorate in Business Administration for his services to retail by USWE Bristol.
- Professor Andrew Sayer, Lancaster UniversityTuesday 18th November 2014 - 5:30pm
This book explains how, over the last 35 years, the rich and super-rich have made a comeback by expanding ways of extracting wealth from economies and manipulating political agendas to suit their interests.
- Dr Agatha Herman, University of ReadingTuesday 25th November 2014 - 4:00pm
Dr Agatha Herman, University of Reading, joins the Environment Research Group Seminar series taking place in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
- Professor John D. Brewer, Queen's University BelfastTuesday 2nd December 2014 - 5:30pm
This lecture offers a view of the public value of the social sciences and the new public social science that implements it, which is illustrated by reference to work in the area of conflict transformation, social justice and peace processes.
- Dr David Evans, The University of ManchesterTuesday 9th December 2014 - 5:30pm
In recent years, concerns about the origins and consequences of food waste have risen to prominence in the realms of formal and cultural politics.
- Dr Alex Singleton, University of LiverpoolTuesday 16th December 2014 - 5:30pm
Developing models of city structure have a long history in urban geography and planning. This seminar will explore a series of advances in such methods and their application to issues of social concern.
- Marc Higgin, University of AberdeenTuesday 17th February 2015 - 4:00pm
Please join us for this Environment Research Group Seminar featuring Marc Higgin, University of Aberdeen, taking place in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
- Dr Paul Barratt, Staffordshire UniversityTuesday 17th March 2015 - 4:00pm
Dr Paul Barratt, Staffordshire University, joins the Environment Research Group Seminar series in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
- Dr Jennifer Gabrys, University of LondonTuesday 28th April 2015 - 4:00pm
Dr Jennifer Gabrys, Goldsmiths, University of London, joins the Environment Research Group Seminar series in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.