- Speaker list and programme enclosedMonday 30th June 2014 - 9:00am
The Summer School is a joint venture with the Sustainable Places Research Institute and the University Graduate College and is now in its second year. It provides a unique and high quality research training forum.
- Professor Dave Adamson and Dr Mark Lang, CREW Regeneration WalesTuesday 17th June 2014 - 5:30pm
This joint Sustainable Places Research Institute and CREW Regeneration Wales seminar will provide an overview of the research project that developed a 'Deep Place' methodology.
- David Marquand, Political Writer and HistorianTuesday 10th June 2014 - 5:30pm
The follies and failures of bankers, regulators and governments have loomed large in public debate over the past five years. In this passionate and hard-hitting book, David Marquand digs deeper.
- Tuesday 10th June 2014 - 10:00am
Previous event was described by one Head of Geography as: 'Thoughtful, intelligent and one of the best training courses I have ever attended as a teacher.'
- Arif Hasan, architect, planner, activist, social researcher, and writerTuesday 3rd June 2014 - 5:30pm
Most NGOs and related practitioners work on the upgrading of informal settlements or on the prevention of evictions. Meanwhile, new housing, very different from the old informal settlements is being created.
- Dr Alex Franklin and Dr Ria Dunkley, Sustainable Places Research Institute, Cardiff UniversityTuesday 3rd June 2014 - 4:00pm
In recent years, there has been a notable growth in consideration of identity as an important factor contributing to individual engagement with sustainable lifestyles, practices and institutions.