- Yap Kioe Sheng, Honorary ProfessorWednesday 30th October 2013 - 5:30pm
Uncertainty characterizes Myanmar today. After years of isolation, Myanmar is taking steps to join the global economy. The urban areas will feel the impact. They are unprepared to deal with global economic forces.
- Dr Andrew Smith, University of Westminster, School of Architecture and the Built EnvironmentTuesday 29th October 2013 - 5:30pm
This event will explore the issues, challenges and mechanisms involved when mega-events are used in urban regeneration.
- Friday 25th October 2013 - 9:00am
Come join us for the University Open Day. Registration required. Details enclosed.
- Speaker list enclosedWednesday 23rd October 2013 - 1:00pm
The aim of the seminar series is to share expertise across the social science schools in Cardiff University on public service delivery within contexts of uncertainty and risk. LUNCH PROVIDED
- Chris Jones, Dwr Cymru, Finance DirectorTuesday 22nd October 2013 - 5:30pm
Welsh Water is unique amongst UK utilities in that it is owned by a non-shareholder company (Glas Cymru) and so all the value generated by the business is retained for the benefit of customers.
Jon Murdoch Memorial Lecture - Representing the Anthropocene: Who Will Get to Speak for Everything and How?Professor Noel Castree, The University of Manchester, Professor of GeographyWednesday 16th October 2013 - 5:30pm
This lecture engages in some 'anticipatory semantics'. It explores who might seek to represent the Anthropocene, including but going beyond the epistemic community of scientists who have so far made most of the discursive running.
- Further details enclosedWednesday 16th October 2013 - 9:00am
CREW Regeneration Wales, together with Swansea City and County Council and the Maritime Heritage Trust, is currently organising a Maritime Heritage Conference
- Professor Duncan Green, Senior Strategic Adviser to Oxfam GBTuesday 15th October 2013 - 5:30pm
Drawing from his writing and role as Oxfam's strategic adviser, Duncan Green draws out some of the key moments and ideas that are shaping our understanding of development.
- All Student and Graduate Recruiters are invited to attend this event.Tuesday 15th October 2013 - 11:00am
Please join us for the Cardiff University Autumn Careers Fair taking place at City Hall, Cardiff.
- Professor Andy Jonas, University of Hull, Dept of Geography, Environment and Earth SciencesTuesday 8th October 2013 - 5:30pm
This lectures connects city-regionalism to struggles around the funding of infrastructure inside the competition state.
- A list of speakers enclosedSaturday 5th October 2013 - 9:00am
An interdisciplinary conference that aims to respond to a range of material that addresses rural sustainability and regeneration, with a focus on how and why decisions are made at individual, local, community and government level.